My Photo
Name:
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States

I'm a writer, a historian, and a drama leader in my church.

Bumpersville, USA a NaNoBlogMo novel

Bumpersville is about to find progress in 1960's America, but will the farmers of this sleepy cross roads go willingly?

Chapter 2, beginnings

I'm Billie. I have no mother, father. I got pictures in apartment of them. I look at faces every day but I not know them. I only know hotel where I live. It used be run by mother but now run by me. I have images only in mind, in dreams. I see things that make no sense. I see a ceiling dancing with colors, I see the back of mother's head just beyond and I see face of angry man
who take me. I've seen that face all my life but I not let on that I saw it then.

I grow up in this apartment and with this disability. I not be able to stand upright, something with spine from birth I told. I not be able to walk right so need cane and special seats. I not taught anything but how to count to run hotel. Widow Hostetter bring food for me three times a day and I not cook. Not matter that hotel make no money. No one come through Bumpersville no longer. Town died long ago along with father and mother. Only left are the ones who bring this about. They think I not know, but some tell me things from that night and I have what I saw. They think they sheild me from truth, but they not. It matters not that I know, for what it to me? I not know them, any of them who burned in chemical plant fire or mother or father. It matter not to me. I alive and trapped in body that not function right and spend time watching television.

Sheriff Tate stops by now and then check up on me. He not know I see him that night from back seat. He makes sure I'm alright then goes about his buisness. I grow up alone in this apartment and see only few people left in town. I never play nor run, legs useless for that. I remember stores and buildings on street being empty all life. The empty lot across the street from hotel used be ???? that burned down same night but when I see it, it nothing but empty space. I not see rest of town, only what see out of windows.

This is Bumpersville today. I not know all of story, but it began before I born.

Chapter 2, Beginnings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home